Lots of fun can be had in the February school holidays next week…
Transend Skate Park returns to the Tropicana, Marine Parade, Weston-super-Mare, for more skating and scooting fun for all ages.
Sessions run each day, from Monday 18 to Saturday 23 February:
- 9am-10am – ages seven and under scoot and skate (£4)
- 10.15am-11.15am – ages eight to 11 (£4)
- 11.30am-12.30pm – family session (£4)
- 12.45am-1.45pm – ages seven and under scoot and skate (£4)
- 2pm-4pm – ages eight to 11 (£5)
- 4.15pm-6.15pm – ages 12 and over (£5)
- 7pm-9pm – ages 12 and over, no beginners (£5)
Prices are per person, not including the booking fee. Free craft sessions also take place every day from 9.30am-12.30pm, and from 1pm-4pm. Paid-for craft sessions take place every afternoon from 2pm, for £5 per person.
The Stable Creative Hub, in Wadham Street, Weston-super-Mare, is hosting a series of tech sessions for children to learn animation techniques, coding and more. Booking is required.
- Stop motion animation parent and child session (1.5hr taster session). 9.30-11am, Monday 18. For children in Reception to Year 2.
- 3D animation programming (1.5hr taster session). 1.20-2.50pm, Monday 18. For children in Year 3 to Year 8.
- Appbuilder (1.5hr taster session). 3.10-4.40pm, Monday 18. For children in Year 3 to Year 8.
- Robotics with Lego. 9.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday 19. For children in Year 3 to Year 6.
- 3D animation programming. 9.30am-4.30pm, Wednesday 20. For children in Year 3 to Year 6.
- Appbuilder 9.30am-4.30pm, Thursday 21. For children in Year 3 to Year 8.
Weston Museum is hosting History Week so step back in time to different eras from 10am-5pm each day:
- Prehistoric Day, Monday 18
- The Romans, Tuesday 19
- Medieval Day, Wednesday 20
- The Victorians, Thursday 21
- World Wars 1 and 2, Friday 22
Puxton Park is hosting holiday fun throughout the week. Entertainment includes a fancy dress disco, family entertainer Nutty Noah, magician Adam Allsortz and meet and greet animal sessions. Normal admission charges apply.
Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, Wraxall, is hosting Woo at the Zoo, celebrating love and animal couples from now until Saturday 2 March. Follow the trail of giant hearts and learn about conservation issues. Normal admission charges apply.