We’re half way through the school holidays already and if you’re running out of ideas to keep your little treasures entertained, here are a few more to keep you going…
Tomorrow (Saturday 13)
- Easter family event 10am-12.30pm (also on Sunday 21), Goblin Combe Lodge, Cleeve Hill Road. Light fires, play games, toast marshmallows and take on the great Easter egg hunt. A medium Easter egg bunny is included for each child. £12 per family, maximum two children. Additional children charged £6 per head. A fair bit of walking involved so suitable for ages 4+. For tickets visit goblincombeadventures.com
- At Play In the Woods 10.30am-1pm. Brockley Lane, near Backwell. A forest family session for all ages. The seating area is a short walk from the parking area. Explore the woods, collect sticks for the campfire, relax in the hammock, have a go on the rope swing or build a den together. Take home you own planted bulb or plant them around the forest for others to enjoy. Drinks are available or bring a lunch box. For tickets visit atplayinthewoods.co.uk
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm (until Saturday 27 April), Wraxall. Complete the trail around the zoo to find more than 50 eggs, with prizes on offer. Other events will be taking place, including arts and crafts.
- Easter and Spring-related crafts at Weston Museum Book an hour’s slot – 11am-noon, 1-2pm or 3-4pm. Mosaic pots to Easter cards. £5. To book a place pop into the museum or call 01934 621 028
- Play Wild open day 11am-3pm, Old Putting Green, Beach Lawns, Weston-super-Mare. Entertainment and activities including Action Pussycat, face painting (extra charge applies), Helen Cornish Yoga, a baby area, fire lighting, tree climbing, arts and crafts and more. There is no food sold on site so please bring a picnic. £4 per child (babies and adults go free), drop in and out.
- Birds and Bubbles Family Fun Day 10am-5.30pm, Helicopter Museum, Locking. View birds of prey, hold an owl, see live Bubbleology shows and giant bubble demonstrations.
- Family Fun at Puxton Park, Hewish, Weston-super-Mare. Different events each day: Monday – fancy dress disco, Tuesday – Easter crafts; Wednesday – Nutty Noah; Thursday – Adam Allsortz Show; Friday – lambing day. Normal ticket charges apply.
- Big Dig at Weston Museum (and Sunday 21). Dig for dinosaurs, make a dinosaur fossil, construct a Pterodactyl puppet and more. Book an hour’s slot – 11am-noon, 1-2pm, or 3-4pm. £5 per workshop. Call 01934 621 028 to book or pop in.
- A Pageant of Transport (and Sunday 21). Beach Lawns, Weston-super-Mare. A display of classic and modern vehicles on the Beach Lawns in Weston. Free admission. sea-cadets.org/weston