It’s been a wet summer so far but the temperature is rising and the diary is filling up with lots of fun events happening right here in North Somerset.
Here’s a quick round-up of some of the highlights…
- Put your thinking caps on for The Living Quiz – a quiz night with a twist. Every question is performed live – acted, sung, mimed or danced by Living Spit’s Howard Coggins and Stu Mcloughlin. See it at The Tropicana, in Weston-super-Mare, on Thursday 4 July. The show is suitable for ages 14+ and tickets cost £12. Visit www.ticketsource.co.uk/livingquiz
- Stunning outdoor theatre will come to Weston-super-Mare on Saturday 13 July. The free Whirligig Festival of Outdoor Arts takes place from noon-6pm in the Italian Gardens, featuring stunning shows and wacky street performers.
- Traditional summer fayres and flower shows will be happening across North Somerset if you prefer something a little more sedate…
– Yatton and District Horticultural Society Summer Show is on Saturday 27 July
– Portishead Summer Show is on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 July
– Nailsea and District Horticultural Society Summer Show is on Saturday 3 August
– Weston Horticultural Society Flower Show is on Saturday 10 August
– Tickenham Flower Show is on Saturday 17 August
– Clevedon Flower Show is on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August.
- If beer and cider are more your thing, there are plenty of food and drink festivals happening soon to tickle your taste buds…
– Lions Claverham Beer Festival is from Friday 5 to Sunday 6 July
– Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival is from Friday 12 to Sunday 14 July
– A Street Food Festival will be from noon-10pm in the Italian Gardens, in Weston-super-Mare, from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 July
– The Lions Real Ale and Cider Festival takes place on Weston’s Beach Lawns from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 July
– A Vegan Fair takes place at the Tropicana in Weston on Sunday 4 August
– eat:Portishead takes place on Saturday 10 August.
See the Summer Special printed edition of Life magazine for more events. You can read a PDF of the magazine online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/issues-of-life
You can also catch up with the latest events across the area at: