Residents and businesses are invited to have their say on multi-million pound transport plans for Weston-super-Mare town centre.
Highways and transport improvements are proposed for Station Road, Walliscote Road and Alexandra Parade thanks to a £4.45m grant from the Department for Transport and Local Growth Fund.
A further £850,000 has also been awarded for similar works in Regent Street.
Residents and local businesses can see and discuss plans with officers and councillors at the Town Hall in Weston on Monday (19 August), from 5pm to 7pm.
The session is being organised by North Somerset Council’s Heritage and Regeneration Scrutiny Panel and feedback will be passed onto the council’s Executive for a decision.
The works aim to:
- provide a more attractive entrance to the town with improved landscaping and 36 new trees planted
- give simpler access for pedestrians
- reduce the volume of traffic in the town centre thanks to road layout alterations
- enhance cycling and pedestrian links
- bring scattered town centre bus stops into one location near Tesco
- reduce the impact of lorries during the day.
You can also comment on proposals by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the scheme at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/news/westonroadscheme