Take a pledge to reduce your waste and recycle more and you could win a hamper from one of North Somerset’s zero waste shops.
Recycle Week runs from Monday 23 to Sunday 29 September and it aims to show that small acts can make a big difference to the future of our communities, country and planet.
To mark the week, an online challenge has been created where you can pledge to reuse, reduce and recycle in a number of different ways.
Tick as many as you want and then submit your details to be entered into a prize draw and have the chance of winning one of five hampers from zero-waste stores in North Somerset – Scoop and Spice in Yatton and Winscombe, Simply Green in Nailsea, Zero Waste Pantry in Wrington, Replenish in Weston-super-Mare, and A Better Weigh in Clevedon.
Take the challenge and make your pledges at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/nsrecyclingpledges
- Do you have any good-quality unwanted items which could be reused by someone else? Reuse events are now taking place across North Somerset for people to pass on their items to local charity Changing Lives.
The next events take place on…
– Thursday 3 October, 4.30-6.30pm at Wrington Memorial Hall
– Thursday 10 October, 4-6pm at Long Ashton Jubilee Pavilion
– Thursday 17 October, 4-6pm at Yatton Hangstones Pavilion
– Thursday 24 October, 4-6pm at Felton Village Hall.
- Litter-picking volunteers are regularly going out across North Somerset to help keep their communities tidy – and more are needed.
The Adopt a Street initiative sees people ‘adopting’ a street to help keep it clean.
Just choose which street you’d like to adopt and the council will provide you with litter picking equipment and safety information.
To apply or find out more visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/adopt-a-street
If you are interested in organising a larger litter picking event visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/litter-picks
- Join the Great British Beach Clean and help tidy up our beautiful coastline.
North Somerset Council has teamed up with the Marine Conservation Society to be part of the global movement aimed at turning the tide on marine litter.
Volunteers are needed to help clean up Sand Bay in Weston-super-Mare on Saturday 21 September. Meet at 12.30pm on the beach opposite the Commodore Hotel.
Find out more at www.mcsuk.org/sand-bay