Take some time out this month to sample delicious local food, visit stalls of local traders, or enjoy some magical music…
- Christmas Tree Trail – Now until Saturday 21 December in Weston Town Centre. Can you find 12 Christmas trees around Weston town centre? Find all the trees and match up the baubles to the corresponding shops to be in with the chance of winning £500 of vouchers.
- Santa’s Grotto, post box for letters to Santa, live music, stalls, late night shopping and more – Various dates at the Sovereign Centre, in Weston-super-Mare. Visit www.sovereign-centre.co.uk/whats-on for details.
- eat:Festivals – Tomorrow (Saturday) in Portishead and Sunday (15 December) in the Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare. Celebrating Christmas with a fantastic range of local food and drink, crafts, and traditional entertainment.
- Portishead Victorian Evening and Christmas Fair – 3-7.30pm, Sunday (15 December), along Portishead High Street. One of Portishead’s biggest events, with stalls, food and drink, and a lantern parade.
- Martin Kemp Back to the 80s DJ set – 8pm, Friday 20 December, Tropicana, Weston-super-Mare. Spandau Ballet star Martin Kemp returns to the Tropicana to spin the biggest and best hits from the 1980s. Tickets from www.seetickets.com/martin-kemp-tropicana
- Carols in the Park – 4.30-5.30pm, Tuesday 24 December, Worle Baptist Church, Rawlins Avenue. With mince pies, mulled wine and music from the WorleWind Band.
- Christmas Eve Ugly Jumpers Night – 5-11pm, Tuesday 24 December, Venga, High Street, Portishead. A party night full of silly games and disco classics.
- Rave Kidz Christmas Party – 2-5pm, Sunday 29 December, Tropicana, Weston-super-Mare. Club anthems and dance music – raving for the whole family. Tickets from www.ravekidz.co.uk/tropicana