Get your wellies on and your spades out to help plant thousands of trees across North Somerset this month.
Volunteers are now needed to help the council’s ambitious rewilding project get under way.
Last year the council agreed to rewild as much of its land as possible to create more habitats for wildlife to flourish, increase biodiversity and help mitigate the effects of climate change.
In total about 50,000 new trees will be planted and the first 5,000 of these, donated by the Woodland Trust, will start to go in the ground from tomorrow (Saturday).
Tree planting will be weather dependant. A council officer will be in each location at the specified meeting time and make a decision there and then about whether to go ahead.
- Watchouse Hill, Pill – 9am (188 trees).
Meet at the site car park on The Green.
- Badger Rise, Portishead – 1.30pm (234 trees).
Meet by the play area on Nightingale Rise.
Sunday (16 February)
- Robin Place, Portishead – 9am (104 trees).
Meet at junction of Robin Place and Wagtail Crescent.
- Central Park, Burlington Road, Portishead – 9.30am (116 trees).
Meet at the Rusty Ladies.
- Halletts Way, Portishead – 12.30pm (162 trees).
Meet at the play area on Halletts Way.
Monday 17 February
- Chestnut Grove, Clevedon – 10am (588 trees).
Meet at the gate at the end of Chestnut Grove.
Tuesday 18 February
- Coleridge Road, Weston – 9.30am (150 trees).
Meet by the Youth Club.
- Locking Moor Road, Locking – 1pm (120 trees).
Meet at lay-by between Helicopter Museum roundabout and Elm Tree Road.
Wednesday 19 February
- Arnolds Way, Yatton – 10am (116 trees).
Meet at the corner of Brunel Way and Arnolds Way.
- Hutton Moor, Weston – 1pm (269 trees).
Meet in Hutton Moor car park by the field gate.
Thursday 20 February
- Cricket Field, Poppy Close, Wick St Lawrence – 10am (379 trees).
Meet behind the Ebdon Arms on the open space.
Friday 21 February
- Jubilee Park, Weston – 10am (82 trees).
Meet at the entrance to the park from Windwhistle Lane.
Saturday 22 February
- Pound Lane, Nailsea – 9.30am (289 trees).
Meet at the end of the cul-de-sac to Moor End Spout.
- Rhyne View, Nailsea – 2.30pm (85 trees).
Meet at the main open space at Rhyne View.
Sunday 23 February
- Sedgemoor Close, Nailsea – 9.30am (302 trees).
Meet at the field gate at the end of Sedgemoor Close.
- Trendlewood Way Park, Nailsea – 2.30pm (60 trees).
Meet near the croquet club at Birdlip Close.
Tuesday 25 February
- Elm Farm, Wraxall – 9am (332 trees).
Meet at the main field gate on Lodge Lane.
Wednesday 26 February
- Powis Close, Weston – 9.30am (143 trees).
Meet at the end of the cul-de-sac.
- Castle Batch, Weston – 1pm (109 trees).
Meet at Castle Batch car park.
Thursday 27 February
- Scot Elm Drive, Weston – 10am (195 trees).
Meet at the entrance to the school.
Saturday 29 February
- Lynch Farm, Weston – 9.30am (211 trees).
Meet at the path from Rossendale Close.
- Silverberry, Weston – 2pm (104 trees).
Meet on the open space from Verbena Way
Sunday 1 March
- Locking Road, Weston – 9.30am (215 trees).
Meet at the corner of Baytree View and Locking Road.
- Ashcombe Park, Weston – 2pm (115 trees).
Meet by the bottom play area.
Just turn up to any of these events. Bring a spade and wear good footwear and suitable clothing.
Council officers will be there to help.