Winter is coming and with lockdown returning, the risks of social isolation will be greater.
Everyone spends more time indoors over winter but now it’s more important than ever to keep in touch with anyone who might be struggling.
Please check-in on vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours to make sure they have the support they need.
If you or a loved one needs help, contact North Somerset Together.
This over-arching group includes North Somerset Council, town and parish councils, charities, businesses and concerned local people all working together to make sure communities are supported.
Mental health and wellbeing remains important for everyone and if you’re worried at the moment, you’re not alone.
Feelings of anxiety are completely normal but there are things you can do to help improve your wellbeing.
North Somerset Council has a round-up of advice and links to useful resources on its website.
Working from home might get harder during winter too, so here are some top tips:
- schedule regular breaks – at the very least book in a morning break and an afternoon break
- take a proper lunch break – don’t eat in front of your screen
- change location if you can – choose a different room or seat
- stretch – get up and move
- avoid isolation – make time to catch up with colleagues
- go outside – get some fresh air
- finish your day on time – pretend you have a virtual bus to catch
- take leave – have some time off to rest, relax and recharge.