Businesses affected by the new coronavirus restrictions can continue to get an ongoing package of support from North Somerset Council.
Local businesses and workers face an incredibly challenging winter so support will be available seven days a week to help them navigate what’s available.
Whether you need help setting your organisation up for online click and collect services, or to access funds, relevant grants or financial support, contact the business team for advice.
Specific support includes:
- The recently-extended furlough scheme until March 2021
- Local Restriction Support Grant – for businesses (with business rates) severely impacted by lockdown – up to £3,000 a month depending on their rateable value
- Additional Restrictions Grant – a local discretionary grant scheme to support businesses impacted by national restrictions (final criteria for this scheme is being developed)
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme – 80 per cent average trading profits grant
- The Kickstart Scheme – paid six-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit
- Universal Business Support – early-stage business support delivered in North Somerset by North Somerset Enterprise Agency.
- A range of support available from the West of England Growth Hub, such as mental health and business support
- Online platforms developed for local traders – one for each town plus the Made in North Somerset Marketplace.